The new North Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) for the City of Jeffersonville, Indiana. The WWTP has a design average flow capacity of 3.0 million gallons per day (MGD) with a peak hourly flow capacity of 9.0 MGD. The design of the WWTP was in accordance with the preliminary design summary for the North WWTP in Appendix B and the Project Cost Summary in Appendix F of the October 2010 Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) for the City of Jeffersonville North Wastewater Treatment Plant. The design also included an upgrade of the existing Downtown WWTP process control system so that it could be incorporated into the new North WWTP process control system. This control system upgrade also included the capability to monitor the City’s wastewater lift stations.
Shrewsberry provided the design of and prepared the necessary construction documents required for the construction of the following:
- Administrative Building: Structural & Architectural
- UV Disinfection: Process and Structural Design
- Sludge Stabilization/Dewatering Facility: Structural and Architectural
- Effluent Flow Measuring/Sampling: Process and Structural Design
- Cascade Aerator with Effluent Piping: Process and Structural Design